Friday, October 6, 2017

Featured Author: Krysten Lindsay Hager

Welcome Today's Featured Author
Krysten Lindsay Hager!!

 


Dating the It Guy

Emme is a sophomore in high school who starts dating, Brendon Agretti, the popular senior who happens to be a senator's son and well-known for his good looks. Emme feels out of her comfort zone in Brendon's world and it doesn't help that his picture perfect ex, Lauren, seems determined to get back into his life, along with every other girl who wants to be the future Mrs. Agretti. Emme is already conflicted due to the fact her last boyfriend cheated on her and her whole world is off kilter with her family issues. Life suddenly seems easier keeping Brendon away and relying on her crystals and horoscopes to guide her. Emme soon starts to realize she needs to focus less on the stars and more on her senses. Can Emme get over her insecurities and make her relationship work? Life sure is complicated when you're dating the it guy.





Buy Links:
Amazon paperback: http://a.co/hBydoYm
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/2m5y9OC
Barnes and Noble: http://bit.ly/2n8vULZ




About Krysten Lindsay Hager:

 Besides mining her teen years and humiliating moments for her novels, Krysten is also a book addict who has never met a bookstore she didn’t like. Krysten writes about friendship, self-esteem, fitting in, frenemies, crushes, fame, first loves, and values. She is the author of True Colors, Best Friends...Forever?, Next Door to a Star,  Landry in Like, and Competing with the Star (The Star Series: Book 2). Her debut novel, True Colors, won the Readers Favorite award for best preteen book and the Dayton Book Expo Best Sellers award. Competing with the Star was a Readers' Favorite Book Award Finalist. Krysten's work has been featured in USA Today, The Flint Journal, the Grand Haven Tribune, Dayton Daily News, the Beavercreek Current, the Grand Blanc View, the Bellbrook Times and on Living Dayton.




Interview With Krysten Lindsay Hager:
 
1.      Can you tell us a little about your book?
My latest book is a YA novel called Dating the It Guy and it has humor, drama, and romance. It’s about a girl named Emme who starts dating a senator’s popular son, Brendon Agretti. Emme has to figure out Brendon’s world of popularity and living under a microscope, not to mention the fact his perfect ex-girlfriend isn’t over him.
2.      What inspires you to write?
I write to create an escape for my readers, but I also want them to feel better about their lives. In a perfect world we’d embrace what makes us unique and special, but so often we blow off the things that we’re good at and don’t think it’s anything special because we’re too busy wanting to be like someone else. I want them to see we each have something special to offer. All my books have a message of appreciating what makes you special as well as staying true to yourself and your values.
3.      Do you listen to music while you write?
I put on music before I write to get into the right mood. If I know I’m going to write a heartbreak scene, then I’ll put on some sad music. Once I had Mariah Carey’s “Can’t Let Go” on repeat for a long time and my husband can’t handle that song anymore. I have Ed Sheeran’s “Shape of You” on repeat now, but he’s since bought me headphones so I can play it as much as I want without driving anyone nuts.
4.      Do you have a favorite character to write about?
I love writing the character, Emme, from Dating the It Guy because it’s fun writing her humorous insights. I write in first person and I love writing how Emme sees the world. She’s funny and we see how caring she is with her relationship with her grandfather. Seeing this boho girl dealt being in her wealthy boyfriend’s preppy crowd without losing herself inspired me.
5.      If you ever experience a case of writer’s block, how do you cure it?
I have and it’s important not to rush it or push yourself or else the writing you come up with isn’t good and that hurts your confidence. When I go through a block I read, watch movies, and journal. Usually reading helps a lot just to get a few things down on paper. Also going on Pinterest to pin pictures and articles that might inspire something for a later date can get the creative juices moving.
6.      Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I usually just write, but if I’m working on a series book or sequel, then I have a loose idea of what comes next since I need to know where I’m going with the story.
7.      If your fairy godmother waved her wand and whisked you away to the location of your choice, which place would you choose, and why?
I’ve always wanted to visit England since my dad based all my childhood bedtime stories there. In fact, just today I bought a storage container simply because it had Westminster Abbey on it and I’ve never seen anything like that and it was instant happy memories.
8.      What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I’m working on some young adult projects, a new adult book, and am working on a follow up to Dating the It Guy because I’ve had a lot of readers say they want more of Emme and Brendon. They’ve been calling them, “Bremme,” which is cute!

No comments:

Post a Comment