Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Featured Author: Christa Paige

Welcome Today's Featured Author
 Christa Paige!!
 



Mated in Treason

Welcome to the world of the Kan Asma Vampires. The Kan Asma are genetically modified humans who've become vampires. For centuries, the Kan Asma lived symbiotically with their human neighbors until the government recognized something had increased their life spans. Scientists and militia stormed their quiet Abkhazian village and betrayal followed. Many vampires experienced brutality and torture. Others died from experimentation. After a perilous journey, the surviving Kan Asma fled their homeland and settled in West Hollywood, California. The refugees cling to their sacred traditions, holding their mating rites above all others because without them, their numbers would diminish. There is no love or emotion in their Council-determined matings. Now, their quiet lives have suddenly been turned upside down. Lines have been drawn between the wealthy aristocrats and an uprising determined to halt the unfair ritual keeping wealth and power out of reach. Those who are lucky to find love in these matches are very few, and they will have to fight with everything they have in order to claim their mates or suffer a broken heart for eternity.

When the kraliyet bodyguard ended up in her hospital bed after an explosion left him in critical condition, Nadia tried to warn herself not to fall in love with him. After all, she's no vampire Cinderella, and happily-ever-afters didn't happen to low-born females of the Kan Asma. But her heart wouldn't listen, and soon she wanted to claim Gunnar as her forever mate, even if it meant taking him the only way possible, as a husband in a disgraceful human ceremony.

Gunnar fell in love with his nurse the moment he saw her smile. He yearned to claim her as his, but the Council would never allow him to mingle his powerful blood with a female from a poor family. The penalty for an unsanctioned mating is a death sentence. He doesn’t care about the threats and possible consequences of making her his. Though, due to the high probability of genetic incompatibility, he can't complete their blood-bond without knowing if it might take her life. Losing her would be worse than torture.

Their only hope lies with the treasonous Faction hell-bent on destroying the very people Gunnar calls family. Determined to find a way to be mated, Gunnar seeks out the leader of this hidden uprising. Together, Nadia and Gunnar must break every law and rite of their vampire culture to become bonded for life. Gunnar will play a deadly game of subversion or pay a blood price that would sever him from their people and put a bounty on his head. They must survive a dangerous infiltration of the Faction, because they’ll do anything to be together, even if it means being mated in treason.




 

 About Christa Paige:

Strict professor by day. Romance author by night. Lover of all things alpha-male twenty-four hours a day. Christa Paige is a multi-published author in several genres. Her passion for love stories spans many tropes. She writes sensual, romantic tales and sweet love stories. In her free time, Christa, likes knitting and has a yarn stash that keeps growing. (Especially if it is bamboo.) She has a love/hate relationship with running but can’t turn down a themed 5k race. Her beagle babies are her running partners. She never tires of watching a Star Wars marathon or rereading Lord of the Rings. There’s a special place in her heart for the Regency Romance. Mr. Darcy is her favorite Regency hero, especially when he is wearing Hessians and a cravat.
Christa’s erotic Vampire Blood-Vine series  is published by Liquid Silver Publishing. These stories can be found at all your favorite retailers.  Also, Christa has an erotic contemporary series based on the brave men and women in the LA County Sheriff’s Department. Two of those books are for Liquid Silver Publishing’s holiday releases and the series is called Kissin’ Cops.
Christa co-writes with Vivien Jackson and their sexy Harlequin novella, Sophie’s Rogues, can be found at all online booksellers.
Christa is happy to announce that there will be new cops coming soon.
Also, Christa’s new vampire series is called the Kan Asma Vampires and it is a straight paranormal romance within the expanded universe of her Blood-Vine vampire series. These books are sensual but not erotic. Mated in Treason is the first book in the series. Check back soon to see updates about this new series and the sexy vampires fighting to claim their mates while an uprising will do anything to thwart them from happily forever afters!

 

Interview With Christa PAige:
  1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
I'm the author of the Kan Asma Vampires series and the concurrent series Allies of the Kan Asma Vampires. These two Paranormal Romance series are a spin-off of my original Blood-Vine series, all based in the same Vampire world.  The Blood-Vine series was very erotic. While the new books are sensual, they aren't erotic.  The Kan Asma are a people who've become vampires through genetic modification. For centuries, the Kan Asma lived symbiotically with their human neighbors, until the government recognized something had increased their life-spans. Scientists and militia stormed their quiet Abkhazian village and betrayal followed. Many vampires experienced brutality and torture. Others died from experimentation. After a perilous journey, the surviving Kan Asma fled their homeland and settled in West Hollywood, California. The refuges hide in plain sight. The captured vampires who survived the infiltration have been subjected to horrific treatment. They are wasting away as the subjects of the Lifespan Institute’s heinous testing. In the Kan Asma Vampires series, the vampires in West Hollywood are fighting against a Faction hellbent on destroying their revered mating rites and annihilating their royal line. Meanwhile, in the Allies of the Kan Asma Vampires, a handful of vampires who have escaped the Institute are teaming up with sympathizers in order to free the vampires being held for experimentation. It's my intent to bring both series to a point where they converge. And, I'll tell you a little secret, they converge when their mighty leader, Aleksi, is mated. 
I've also written a cop series and just finished the first in a woman-centric law enforcement series called Women Who Serve. Book 1 is currently titled Valor and Vigilance. 

I'm honored to co-write Regency romance with the incredibly talented Vivien Jackson, author of the Sci-Fi romance series, Tether. We're currently in the early stages of plotting a new story based on a governess and a Marquess.

  1. How did you choose the genre you write in?
After telling my close friend Terri that I had never read a vampire story, she sent me the first two books in the Black Dagger Brotherhood series when it first released. I was enthralled by the brothers and their extreme desire for their mates. Terri also sent my the Dark Hunters and Midnight Breeds. After devouring those I began to wonder about writing my own vampires but I wasn't an author, I was a critique partner for authors. With a little encouragement from those authors sending me a link to a submission call for vampire romances and a whole bunch of nudging from my mom, I took the plunge and wrote my first story. It was contracted and from there, my vampire world was born.

  1. What book is your newest release?
Mated in Treason released in June 2017. It's the first book in the Kan Asma Vampires series. Where the Blood-Vine series focused solely on the matings and erotic content, the Kan Asma Vampires series is a much more expanded world with plot layers, bad guys and conflict. It also includes  a more in-depth exposure to the Kan Asma vampires from their rites and ceremonies and a broader cast of characters.

  1. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I know a lot of authors aspired to write as soon they could hold a pencil. I had a brief thought about writing a sweeping Antebellum story when I was in 6th grade. I wrote the whole thing in a pink spiral notebook with a purple glitter pen. It was filled with cliches and plot twists galore. That was the only time in my childhood that I thought about storytelling. It wasn't until around 2007, when a bunch of my Lord of the Rings fanfiction buddies decided they wanted to embark on writing original fiction, that I was introduced to romance novel writing. I was content to play in the Middle Earth sandbox for the time being. When I dipped my toe into the author pool I liked it, a lot. Telling my own stories was exciting and I wrote mostly novellas. It took a long time before I called myself an author and my first full-length book came out in 2011. So, I didn't always want to write a book even though storytelling was something I loved doing. Now, all I want to do is write the next book. I guess it has come full-circle.

  1. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
My front porch, in my white wooden rocker.

  1. When you write do you write the first draft on a computer or paper and pen?
I write the first draft in my mind. Then, I'll sit down at the computer and start typing. From there, I start tweaking. Sometimes I'll jot things down on a notebook but normally, the first draft is typed in a word doc.

  1. For a reader who hasn't read your books yet, which book do you suggest they start with?
Mated in Treason. It's the first in the Kan Asma Vampires series and it introduces the reader to the expanded world of the Kan Asma Vampires through the eyes of a blue-collar heroine who is a nurse.

  1. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have? 
Wow, this is a great question. I ran it by my sister-in-law and told her I thought my super powers would be like Jasper's from Twilight since he's great with calming people down and she virtually smacked me over the head and reminded me that Jasper is not a super hero. So, after a little brainstorming and research, and a Buzzfeed quiz to tell me which super hero they thought I'd be, I am going to agree with those results. Besides, I had her Underoos when I was a little girl so it makes perfect sense----I'd be Super Girl Christa. My powers would be compassion and empathy, plus I'd be happy to have a little bit of flying just so I could get around the ridiculous traffic.

  1. If your fairy godmother waved her wand and whisked you away to the location of your choice, which place would you choose, and why?
Perthsire, Scotland. It's so peaceful there and so beautiful. The people are kind and amiable. I crave the open air and rolling landscapes. I live in congested Orange County, California and when I'm in the highlands I never want to leave.

  1. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I'm working on the edits for Enduring Bond, the first book in the Allies of the Kan Asma Vampires series, due to release in December. I'm also working on book 3 of the Kan Asma Vampires series which has been such a fun thing to plot since it features the high princess and she's a spitfire. Also, I'm writing Book 2 of the Allies of the Kan Asma Vampires which features a broken, tortured hero who has to return to the labs he's just escaped in a dangerous infiltration. On top of that, I'm plotting the Regency with Vivien Jackson. There's a lot of writing going on in my life right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment