Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Featured Author: Brooke O'Brien


Welcome Today's Featured Author
Brooke O'Brien!!




Lost Before You 
 
Blurb:

I wish someone would’ve warned me about the dangers of falling in love with your best friend. 

I was no stranger to covering up my problems with meaningless sex and alcohol. 

When Brea asked me for one night to help her forget, I craved being the man she needed.

Just sex.

No commitment.

Then she begged me to promise her nothing would change between us. I couldn’t bring myself to lie to her.

One night.

One broken promise.

I will never forget the night I fell in love with my best friend, and now nothing will ever be the same.
 
 

 
 

Lost Before You Buy Links:
Amazon US: amzn.to/2yAKnHQ
Amazon UK: amzn.to/2zB4fcd
Amazon CA: amzn.to/2yVAm9G
Amazon AU: amzn.to/2zmIVqg

Lost Before You Playlist: bit.ly/LBYSpotify
 
 


Where I Found You 
Blurb:
 
How do you protect your heart?

Build a wall.
Lock it away.
Let no one in.

Everyone should have a childhood worth remembering. Only I remember mine for all the wrong reasons. Starting over in a new town is hard enough. When you are running from your past, it doesn't get any easier.

I was ready to say goodbye to the burdens I have carried. The pain I’ve experienced is more than anyone should have to face.

Then I met him...

He takes my breath away. I can’t ignore the way he makes me feel. I know he has the power to destroy me.

And that's what scares me the most.








Where I Found You Buy Links:

Playlist: bit.ly/WIFYSpotify
 

About Brooke O'Brien:
Brooke O’Brien is the author of the Heart’s Compass series. Her debut novel, Where I Found You, released in May 2017. The second book in the Heart's Compass series, Lost Before You, will release on October 27th.

Brooke lives in the Midwest with her high school sweetheart and their three children (both human and furry). Growing up Brooke always had a love of writing; she started out writing poetry when she was young and began journaling her thoughts as she grew older. Diving headfirst into a good book has always been therapeutic for her. Now her two passions have collided.

She believes you can cure any bad day with chocolate. Brooke enjoys going on long drives with no destination in mind. She's found that's when her characters talk to her the most! If she's not reading or writing, you'll probably find her spending time with her family, watching NBA basketball, going to the movies, or collecting signed paperbacks.
 
 

Author Links:

Join Brooke's Book Babes Reader Group: https://www.facebook.com/ groups/brookesbookbabes
 
 
 
Interview With Brooke O'Brien

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?

Where I Found You is my debut novel that released in May 2017. It's an emotional story about a young woman, Ellie, who is struggling to cope with the heartbreaking curveballs life has thrown at her. She sets out to start over in a new town. It was only supposed to be a temporary move and love certainly was never on her radar, until she met Callum Reid.

Lost Before You is the second book in the Heart's Compass series, although it can be read as a standalone. This book follows Callum's younger brother, Mason, and his best friend, Brea. It's a steamy friends to lovers romance with just the right amount of angst. Brea has had some things happen to her that has forced her to hold her heart close to her. Mason is her best friend and one of few people she can trust. As for what happens, I think the blurb gives you enough of a teaser. The rest you'll have to find out!


2. What book is your newest release?

Lost Before You released on October 27th!


3. When did you know you wanted to write a book?

I've had people close to me make comments over the years, knowing how big of a reader I am, saying they can't believe I hadn't written a book of my own yet. It was something I had on my bucket list for awhile but hadn't allowed myself to pursue the idea. The idea came to me the beginning of 2016 and I spent some time thinking about whether it I wanted to go through with it. After talking to some authors who I had followed closely, I decided to say to heck with it and went for it. I didn't end up publishing Where I Found You until May of 2017.


4. Do you have a favorite spot to write?

It kind of depends on my mood. Usually, I write in my office or in my bedroom.


5. Do you listen to music while you write?

That is also something that depends on my mood. The only music I tend to listen to and am still able to focus is rock. Other times I will listen to music before I write. Depending on what I'm writing, I try to put on music that evokes the emotions of the characters. If it's too slow, I often get distracted and end up just singing along to the lyrics.


6. Do you work with an outline, or just write?

I wrote Where I Found You without any outline, which is surprising for someone like me. I'm the type of person who has a list of everything. I even have a list for all my lists, haha. I think that's what took me so long to actually complete it because I felt like my thoughts were all over the place. With Lost Before You, I knew the timeline was overlapping the first book so I had to have the details right or it would be an epic fail. I found that outlining actually helped me write much quicker.


7. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?

The power to resist chocolate and carbs! LOL


8. What are writing projects are you currently working on?

I'm taking a short break from the Heart's Compass gang to write two novellas titled Torn & Tattered. They will be a duet releasing in early Spring 2018.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment