Friday, June 30, 2017

Featured Author: A.D. McCammon

Welcome Today's Featured Author
A.D. McCammon!!

 


Book Info:

Author Name: A.D. McCammon

Book Title: In This Moment

Series #: 1 – can be read as standalone

Genre: Adult Contemporary Romance

Synopsis:

  “Our lives are made up of moments, and I used to think it was only the big moments that made an impact, but now I know even the smallest of moments can change your life forever.”

Two years ago, tragedy struck for Elizabeth Shea, ensuring her life would never be the same. Unable to let go of the past and unwilling to face the future, she closed herself off from the world and the people who loved her most.

“It’s strange how the worst day of your life can become the very thing that changes it for the better.”

Brenden Scott chose to embrace the ugliness life can offer and help others find their way through the darkness, but it took a near fatal night for him to truly begin to embrace life.
Now, he lives his life in the moment, enjoying it to the fullest and taking nothing for granted.

When Elizabeth and Brenden meet, they’re drawn to each other and an unlikely friendship forms. Brenden breathes new life into her, while Elizabeth heals parts of him he didn’t even realize were broken.

Though Brenden knows pursuing her is a bad idea, he can’t resist her pull. When emotions get involved and the lines start to blur, they find themselves standing on opposite sides of the tracks.

Elizabeth is desperate to put the pain and heartbreak behind her—to find herself again—but will she be able to let go of the past or fears holding her back and learn to live in this moment?



Add to Goodreads

About A.D. McCammon:
Amber McCammon is a daughter, sister, wife, mother, avid reader, and writer.  Her debut novel, In this moment, was released in January of 2017. She’s currently working on completing the series, with book two due to release August 10, 2017.
When Amber isn’t focusing on her family or the written word, she enjoys traveling, crafts, and music.
She’s a Tennessee native with a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Tennessee at Martin, where she discovered her passion for writing and met her husband.
Authors like Tarryn Fisher, Colleen Hoover, Kim Holden, and Jamie McGuire inspired Amber to follow her heart by venturing out into the world of self-publishing.  She’s beyond excited about getting the chance to see her dream come to life.

Connect with the Author:

Website      Facebook




Purchase here:





What’s next? Check out A.D.’s Reader Group on Facebook and sign-up for her Newsletter to get the latest news, special offers, and fun extras.






Interview With A.D. McCammon:
  1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
The concept for the In This Moment series came to me when I saw a “motivational” poster that read, “Sometimes your life can be defined by a single moment. Let it be today”. Reading it stirred something inside of me. I don’t know about you, but I refuse to be defined by a single moment in my life. I am more than one act, one bad decision, one tragedy.
            In the series, you will meet every day people all working to overcome these defining moments. Life is different for all of us. We all struggle with our own demons and heartbreak. So, even though it’s a series, each book will focus on different characters and situations.
            In This Moment, book 1, tells Elizabeth and Brenden’s story. After tragedy struck ensuring her life would never be the same, Elizabeth Shea has felt lost. Though she’s desperate to find herself again, she can’t seem to let go of the past, allowing her fears to hold her back. Brenden Scott has chosen to embrace the ugliness life can offer, living it to the fullest. When they form an unlikely friendship, it breathes new life into her and heals parts of him he didn’t even realize were broken. But, feelings get involved and things get messy. 
            Crushed, book 2 releasing in August, tells Julianna and Eric’s story. After trying to run from her demons for the past ten years, Julianna is forced to go back to her hometown where she must face the ghost of her past and the people she left behind. Eric Winston final has his life back on track and Julianna’s return could derail him for good. He knows he should keep his distance, but he can’t turn his back on the only woman he’s ever loved.
  1. When did you know you wanted to write a book?
When I was in the third grade, I wrote my first book, Hippie Land, about a land where there was only peace and love. After that, I began to fantasize about writing a book for real one day, but I kept it to myself. It wasn’t something I truly believed I could ever accomplish. When I turned thirty, it was like something clicked inside of me, and I started accepting myself for who I am. In doing that, I found the self-esteem and courage to follow my dreams. When I turned thirty-two, I set a goal to publish my first novel by the time I turned thirty-three. My debut novel was published on my thirty-third birthday.    
  1.  When you write do you write the first draft on a computer or paper and pen?
My writing is all over the place. Sometimes it comes in waves; thoughts, feelings, parts of a conversation. When that happens, I will get it down any way I can; on paper, the notepad app on my phone, or my computer. But, for the most part, my first draft is on the computer.  
  1. Do you have a favorite food or drink you must have nearby when writing?
Coffee. Lots of coffee. If I’m being particular bad, I might have some type of sweet treat on hand as well.  
  1. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
My office is my haven. I spend more time in here (yes, I’m currently in my office) than I do any other room in the house. The idea of writing somewhere outdoors or in public sounds great in theory, but I’m easily distracted.
  1. If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
Oh wow, maybe healing powers. I tend to be a little bit of a scaredy cat, so that might help me actually have some fun. 
  1. What are you working on next?
Well, I’m ramping up for the release of Crushed, which is due to release on August 10th. I’m also working on book 3 in the series, Thirteen, which will tell Cat’s story.

No comments:

Post a Comment