Saturday, November 28, 2015

Featured Author: Justin Edison

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Justin Edison!!


THE CHURNING
By Justin Edison
AVAILABLE ON AMAZON NOW!

Teaser2

Synopsis

In Justin Edison’s second novel, Persian-American soccer star Arman Hessabi wakes in chains in a house of enemies. Driven in part by an abusive older brother, the hero feels his life is complete with the glory, women and riches afforded by a Premier League striker’s lifestyle. But he meets his match in Fat Man, Captain, Huck and Kay—men who hold him in thrall somewhere in Europe. Through trials, Hessabi comes to question his own ego and position in life. But is it too late for a soccer star with no apparent power over his own fate?



Author Bio
Justin A. Edison has been writing fiction and stories for twenty-odd years. A graduate of the Evansville and Hamline writing programs, he counts among his adventures a rocking semester at Harlaxton (in the British Midlands) and a tour of the Czech Republic. His pursuits include hiking, Web site design, trying to fix the world (in too many ways) and playing soccer (rather poorly). He lives in the Seattle area with his wife, two energetic kids and a vocal cat.
The Churning is his second novel.


Teaser4

Author Links
To contact the author: edisonchurning@gmail.com
@jedisonbooks




Interview With Justin Edison:

Can you tell us a little about your book?
In “The Churning,” a Persian-American soccer star is abducted from a Warsaw hotel room. He wakes up drugged, blindfolded and chained up in a chair. Then he meets his four captors and the trouble really begins.


What inspires you to write?
I get inspiration from everywhere—music, stories I hear about, everything. I have a feeling that, someday, I’ll be listening to Pink Floyd’s “Echoes” and novel idea will pop up. I’m taking notes right now on an idea that came to mind while I was mowing the backyard.


When did you know you wanted to write a book?
I’ve known I wanted to write novels ever since I was a kid, maybe in high school. It’s the ultimate in story-telling, right? The details like how much time you have to invest, not making much money (usually), those were just details.


Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I’d love to be able to say I write the most in my leather chair, but that’s not true. It’s so comfortable, I just keep falling asleep. Honestly, I write best in cafes and coffee shops. I know that’s such a cliché, but there’s something about the energy and white noise and music in those places. What should be horribly distracting is, for me, both invigorating and a driver.


How did you choose the genre you write in?
I write the stories and let someone else worry about the genre, I guess. The first book was literary, “The Churning” is literary or maybe psychological thriller. My goal always has been to write compelling stories that people can dive into and share with others. That is what’s most important to me.


Do you listen to music while you write?
Yes, I love music. Pink Floyd, Chopin, Niyaz, Dream Theater, “Lord of the Rings” soundtracks, Klezmer stuff. My tastes are all over the place, and that fits my personality pretty well.


What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
I must be one of the only people on Earth who has written a novel, run a full marathon (which was utter misery) and bowled a 246 (including 7 consecutive strikes). That’s more quirky than unique, but it’s definitely random.


What are writing projects are you currently working on?
My fourth book, “Endgame,” is a war novel that takes place on a snow-covered world. My heroine is a sniper who really doesn’t want to be in command, and certainly not when facing droves of enemy forces. I’m hopefully working enough science into the story to make it credible and not just a graphic novel in print. After that work on number five really begins, and I churn out a few short stories here and there. I’ve never excelled at the medium, but I still like writing them.


No comments:

Post a Comment