Sunday, October 25, 2015

Featured Author: Lexxie Couper

Welcome Today's Featured Author 
Lexxie Couper!!!!!


Switching it On (A Stimulated Story)


Sports reporter Mike Bailey has been named "Sexiest Man on Television" three years running. His sinful smirk and naughty gaze make women all over Australia swoon. Despite his reputation, Mike was a happily married man, until an obsessed fan tore his world apart. He's still trying to recover from the heartbreak when he meets the new Executive Producer of his news program. 
His ex-wife. 
The second Lena Wilde lays eyes on Mike it all comes flooding back. What it was like to be in his arms, in his heart…and in his bed. But she knows as well as Mike that scorching sexual chemistry isn’t enough to shore up a marriage. If they are going to rebuild what was shattered all their secrets will have to come out. But can Lena and Mike’s rekindling relationship survive the painful truth?


“From the moment I met you, Lena, you were my world. I’m hollow without you. I’m just an empty smirk without you.”




About Lexxie Couper:Personal information

Penname and genre(s): Lexxie Couper (every genre  Seriously. Sci-fi, horror, contemporary, paranormal, rom-com, rom suspense…you name it)

Primary Website: www.lexxiecouper.com

Blog: www.lexxiecouper.com/blog




Latest Bio:
 Lexxie Couper started writing when she was six and hasn't stopped since. She's not a deviant, but she does have a deviant's imagination and a desire to entertain readers with her words. Add the two together and you get romances that can make you laugh, cry, shake with fear or tremble with desire. Sometimes all at once.

When she's not submerged in the worlds she creates, Lexxie's life revolves around her family, a husband who thinks she's insane, a indoor cat who likes to stalk shadows, and her daughters, who both utterly captured her heart and changed her life forever.

Contact Lexxie at lexxie@lexxiecouper.com, follow her on Twitter twitter.com/lexxie_couper or visit her at www.lexxiecouper.com where she occasionally makes a fool of herself on her blog.



Social Media
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/lex.couper


Facebook fanpage: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Lexxie-Couper/231663340180702

Facebook readers group link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/thelexxicon/

Instagram: http://instagram.com/lexxie_couper

Newsletter: sign up section on my home page

Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/lexxiecouper/

Tumblr: http://lexxiecouper.tumblr.com

Twitter: www.twitter.com/lexxie_couper

Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/Lexxie_Couper



Interview With Lexxie Couper:

Can you tell us a little about your books?  
Ohh, they are naughty and full of wickedly sexy lust, passion, desire, and love. My heroines are kickarse, my heroes droolishous (sometimes brooding, sometimes funny, but always undone by the woman or man he loves more than life) and my HEAs will always leave the reader smiling. Promise.
What inspires you to write? My sanity. If I don’t write, I get really really loopy. There are so many stories in my head, so many characters waiting to be given life, I will never have the hours and days and years to write them all.
Do you have a favorite spot to write? Last year we moved house and I finally got my own office. I love that it’s my place, my sanctuary. That’s where I write. When I edit however, I use my laptop and sit in a hanging egg chair on my back deck which faces the natural bushland reserve behind us. It’s relaxing and the perfect place to contemplate the changes that need to be made in the editing process.
 
Do you have a favorite character to write about? I created a character called Nick Blackthorne in my m/f/m novella Tropical Sin. Since then, Nick has become the linchpin of all my contemporary books. He is a rock star whose reach into all my contemporary stories continues to not only surprise me, but delight me. In my paranormal writing, my favourite character to write about in Ven, an Aussie guy who was turned into a vampire before becoming a Principatus, a demon assassin working for the Highest of Powers. Ven still surfs daily and is capable of walking in the sun and has a sardonic Aussie sense of humour and the sexiest arse ever. And when he gets angry, he is terrifying. But oh so damn sexy. You can read about Ven in Dark Destiny and Dark Embrace.
If  you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose? 
Elizabeth Bennett. Just so I could snog Colin Firth…errr, I mean Mr. Darcy :) (Okay, my honest answer is any character who gets to so Colin Firth’s character. *grin*)
Do you work with an outline, or just write?  
Just write. I never know what the hell is going to happen in my books. I did actually plot out one entire book but discovered I didn’t enjoy writing the book after doing so because of the lack of surprise.

How do you decided whether the story is going to be just one book or more than one book?  
Ohhh, this is a good question. Simple answer: the characters decide. If their story isn’t finished, or is begging to be told, I have to write it. I never meant for Nick Blackthorne to be in over eleven books when he first appeared in Tropical Sin but his story, and the story of his family, just had to be told.
What’s one random fact about yourself that you can share?  
I’ve never seen the movie The Notebook. Which I’ve been told is a cardinal sin for a romance author.

What are you working on next? 


 Right now I’m working on my next Cherie M Hudson book (I write New Adult romance as Cherie M Hudson), the third Savage Australia book (Savage Seduction, a paranormal set in the Aussie Outback with a shapeshifting dingo and a shapeshifting kangaroo) and a completely new paranormal book about an actress who plays a vampire slayer on television, the obsessed stalker who believes he is her lover-interest on the show, and the cop assigned to protect her from said stalker…who may not be all he seems. Or entirely human. Hee hee hee.





No comments:

Post a Comment