Monday, October 26, 2015

Featured Author: Jennifer Millikin

Welcome Today's Featured Author




Full of Fire

by

Innocent, introverted Lila Mitchell's life is thrown into disarray when she meets playboy nightclub owner Xavier Townsend. Up until that fateful night, Lila was content experiencing emotion through her camera. Xavier's handsome face and captivating personality changes all that. Lila wants Xavier, bad boy reputation be damned. If only Xavier's past mistakes weren't also in the present. When faced with the consequences of Xavier's past, will Lila's fiery personality and fierce determination be enough to see them through?



EXCERPT:
His green eyes are watching me expectantly. I pause to think, taking a wedge of brie and a cracker and slowly placing them in my mouth. I make a big deal of chewing thoroughly. This makes Xavier laugh. I love that sound.

I swallow and brush the crumbs from my lips with the linen napkin Xavier has thought- fully provided.

"Some might say I’m stand-offish and judgmental. According to Jessica, I have a resting bitch face."

Xavier coughs on his sip of champagne. "Resting what face?" Bitch," I repeat calmly.
"What the hell does that mean?" Xavier looks bewildered. "Just what it sounds like. My resting face looks bitchy."
Xavier shakes his dark brown hair. "Not true. At least, not the first time I met you. You looked wide-eyed and intimidated."
I laugh. Actually, that night I was busy judging everyone for rubbing up against people they don't know. Intimidated? Was I? I suppose it's possible, though not on a conscious level. Leave the psycho-analysis for professionals.
"Is that why you came over to me? Was I giving off a damsel in distress vibe?" I bat my eyes and tip my head to the side.
"A little. And because I own the club, and you were a VIP that night. And you looked so beautiful in that bright red dress. How could I resist introducing myself?" Xavier takes a lock of my long hair and tucks it behind my ear.
Oh my. Breathe.
I try to be casual, as though incredible guys say things like that to me all the time. "I hate to break it to you, but I’m more of a jeans girl."
Xavier shifts closer while I speak, and the last part of my sentence comes out in my newly acquired breathy voice. I know what’s coming, and I can’t believe how badly I want it.
Xavier's response is a whisper against my cheek. "Something tells me I would like you in anything."
And then his mouth is on mine, and he tastes of champagne.




About Jennifer Millikin:
Jennifer Millikin is a romance and women's fiction author who enjoys writing about strong female protagonists. She graduated from Arizona State University with a degree in Communication Studies and lives with her husband and two young children in Scottsdale, Arizona. When she isn't chasing after her little ones she can be found gulping coffee in her office, typing furiously at her keyboard and reenacting scenes. Find Jennifer on jennifermillikin.com and facebook.com/JenniferMillikinwrites.



Interview with Jennifer Millikin:
1. Can you tell us a little about your book?
In a flashy nightclub in the City of Sin, Lila Mitchell meets playboy club-owner Xavier Townsend. Lila believes Xavier's ways have changed and decides to give him a chance. When his troubled past surfaces, Lila must decide if her fiery nature can handle the heat, or if she wants to get the hell out of the burning relationship before it collapses.   
    
2. Using one sentence, can you describe Full of Fire?
Sparks fly when a feisty introvert meets a hot Vegas playboy.  
3. How did you choose the genre you write in?
 It's what I know. I just recently made it through my 20's and contemporary romance and new adult is what I spent the last decade living through.  
4. Where do you get your ideas?
The idea for Full of Fire came from an extremely vivid dream. Most of my plot development happens when I'm in the final pose during a yoga class. 
5. What do you do when you are not writing?
When I'm not writing, I'm a housekeeper, chef, event planner, chauffeur, dog walker. Basically everything that comes along with running a house and raising young kids. 
6. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I like to sit in my backyard. I live in a very scenic area of Scottsdale and the sound of the palm tree fronds rustling and the cooing quail is peaceful. 
7. If  you could spend 24 hours as a fictional character, who would you chose?
Ana at the end of Fifty Shades. Running a publishing house and being treasured by a gorgeous reformed baby boy? Yes, please. 
8. Do you work with an outline, or just write?
I'm a pantser until I run out of steam, then I go back and create an outline and start brainstorming lots of different paths for characters to go down. 
9.  What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
I can cross my eyes and keep one eye crossed while the other rolls. It's super weird and makes my husband's skin crawl. 
10.  What are you working on next?
 Currently I'm in the pantsing stage of Gigi: Full of Fury. The antagonist in Full of Fire has a voice and story that need to be heard. I'm having a tremendous amount of fun living vicariously through Gigi's wicked self.

No comments:

Post a Comment