Saturday, June 20, 2015

Interview With Anne L Parks

Interview With Anne L Parks!

  1. Can you tell us a little about yourself?
I am one of those authors that got a late start in this business. I have always wanted to write, but was sidetracked by law school, kids, moving around the country with my Navy hubby…
I started writing again in 2012, and published my debut novel, Strangers, on my birthday in 2013. Since then, I have published a five book series, Return To Me, and an anthology, Elementals, that released on May 14th.
  1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
They are a mix of contemporary and romantic suspense. They are almost all characters who have already experienced life’s up and downs, had their first love, watched it fall apart, and are trying to move on and find their second chance at happily ever after. The only exception to that is book four in the Return To Me series, Returning Home, which is more of a coming of age, new adult novel that follows Clarissa’s (Eve’s daughter) journey.
  1. Which book has been your favorite to write?
Wow, all of them have been fun, just because it’s a kick to see the characters come to life, learn who they are, and see where they take their stories. But, if I had to choose, it would have to be the very first novel I wrote back in 2012, Of Demons and Stones, which is finally going to be released in July. I fell in love with Alex and Kylie from the first moment they popped into my head and demanded I sit – for hours and hours on end – and write their story. I have been waiting to release it because – well, it’s my baby. I have been overly protective of it, wanting to make sure it’s perfect before I let it go and give it to the romance-reading world.
  1. We have seen the teasers for Alex Stone, what book is he from?
Alex is from the aforementioned, Of Demons and Stones. Alex is a multi-billionaire who is not at all interested in romance or serious relationships, until he meets feisty, smart, sexy Kylie. It doesn’t take long for Alex to realize Kylie is haunted by demons – one demon in particular is a dangerous stalker. This stirs some of Alex’s own demons and he moves into full-blown protection mode. Unfortunately, Kylie is fairly independent and, while she knows she desperately needs the kind of protection Alex is offering, also feels she is loosing herself. This is not something she is willing to do again. So, it’s up to Alex to convince her that the danger she is in is real – life-threatening – and that he is not trying to make her dependent. Just keep her safe and alive. As you can imagine, that is easier said than done – and Alex’s methods are not always acceptable or appreciated. If I had to explain this book in a word – rollercoaster.
  1. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I am the ultimate in ADD, even when it comes to writing spots. It really depends on my mood.
Honestly, I have spots that last about a week or two, and then I have to move on to a different space. I have difficulty writing at my desk because I associate it with marketing and other non-writing activities (the dreaded bill paying comes to mind). I have about 3 different recliners throughout the house and rotate through those. My bed is another great place, because I can close the door when the kids are home. Sometimes, when my college kids have not taken over the dining room with their crap, I write in there, too.
  1. When writing do you outline first or just write?
Total plotter. I usually have a basic outline of the story in my head then I write it down. After that, depending on what I’m writing, I have a couple of different plotting schematics I use. I have a HUGE whiteboard in my office, and I fill that with the highlights, making sure there aren’t any glaring holes in the story. My hats off to the pantsers out there…I would have an anxiety attack if I didn’t have my story plotted out.
  1. When not writing or reading, what's your favorite thing to do?
I don’t watch TV that much (too addictive) but my hubby and kids and I have some shows that we like to watch together. Walking Dead, Turn, Hell’s Kitchen. My guilty pleasure is, of course, Outlander, and I am sort of hooked on Married At First Sight. My daughter and I were watching How To Get Away With Murder and Secrets and Lies. Of course, my go to channel is Discovery ID…it’s often on in the background during the day.
We live in a coastal town, so we like hanging out by the water. We also go to ball games and take walks with the spoiled German Shepard, Tyberius.
  1. What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
I have two daughters named Amanda. My husband and I joke that we have his and hers Amanda’s. But, seriously, there was a moment on our first date when we sort of looked at each other following the discovery and wondered if we could continue. I’m happy to report that we decided to move forward, and we have been together almost 10 years.
  1. Are you attending any book signing this year?
I just returned from a signing in Mystic, CT. I will be in New Orleans August 1st for the BTS NOLA author signing. In September, I will be in Louisville, KY signing at the Kentuckiana Author Event on the 19th. Then back to Rebels & Readers in Huntington, WV on November 7-8th.
  1. What writing projects are you currently working on?
I have a short story in a 4th of July boxed set, When Sparks Fly, with 6 other romance authors that will be releasing July 27th.

I’m also writing book two in the Tri-Stone Trilogy, that will release next year.

Under my other pen name, I am working on a mystery serial.


Buy her books:
http://www.amazon.com/Anne-L.-Parks/e/B00FUI0KWU/


Where to find Anne L Parks:  
Website: http://www.alparksauthor.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ALParksAuthor
Twitter: https://twitter.com/almparks2012


1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much for having me on your blog today!!! Bigs hugs and mushy kisses!!!

    ReplyDelete