Friday, June 26, 2015

Featured Author: M.E. Montgomery

Welcome Today's Featured Author
M.E. Montgomery!!!
 


 North Star (Polaris, #1) by M.E. Montgomery

Everyone who knew her wanted Mikayla Matthews as their friend. But in her love life, she never seemed to be good enough. After one betrayal too many, she packed up her shattered heart and moved across the state to start over. Losing herself in a new job, she is convinced no man will ever truly want her, not that she was willing to trust another to find out anyway.

Alex North found himself in the one role he never wanted - guardian of his nephew after his sister and best friend are killed. On unfamiliar territory as a dad, Alex gave up his bachelor lifestyle and worked to create a nurturing environment for five-year-old Aiden. Attempting to hold his new life together, he masked his pain and threw himself into being the rock for his family.

Brought together by fate on several occasions, Alex decides Mikayla is the key to heal not only Aiden, but himself. He recognizes that only she can offer him the kind of love he never thought he would find. Mikayla discovers she has the strength to give love a second chance as well as the courage to fight for it. Together they heal each other and begin to create a future together.

But not everyone supports them, and outside forces threaten to destroy all the happiness they have worked for. Will Alex and Mikayla be strong enough to hold together the fledgling family they are building? Or will the past and the present work together to rip them apart?

(Note: this book is part of a 2-part series. Alex and Kayla's story concludes in True North, available now.)







 True North (Polairs Series #2) by M.E. Montgomery

Alex and Kayla have found in each other what they need to move moved beyond the tragedies of their pasts and are ready to embrace their future together. But the problem with the past is it doesn’t always agree to be left behind, and sometimes it follows, unwilling to let go.

Now everything they thought they knew to be true is suddenly turned up on end. Collisions between the past and the present challenge their happiness, and hiding in the shadows lurk more obstacles that threaten their future.
Alex and Kayla are determined not to let these twists and turns destroy their happiness. But is love enough? What happens when lies, uncertainty, and deception entangle with their plans? Will determination be enough when faced with disaster?

Charting a course is easy; finding your True North and staying the course is the greater challenge.








About M.E. Montgomery:
M.E. Montgomery has been an avid reader her entire life, and her Amazon account will attest to that fact! Recently, several voices began telling their own stories in her head. After being assured she wasn't crazy and this was the sign of an emerging novel, she decided to put her fingers to work and started typing, and with lots of encouragement, decided to share Alex, Kayla, and Aiden's dramatic and heartwarming tale.

Her family considers her adept in most subjects, to include science, history, reading, spelling, and all mathematical studies, which loosely means she is the homework queen to her four school aged children. Fortunately, her biology and elementary school teaching background help her to keep up the expert façade, at least for now.

Although born and raised in the Washington DC metro area, she has considered many places to be called home since she left to attend college in North Carolina. She is a proud Navy wife, setting up hearth and home wherever in the world the Navy sends her husband. When she's not reading or writing, she loves to go camping with her family, drinking wine on the deck, and romantic getaways when her husband's work permits.


FB:  https://www.facebook.com/pages/ME-Montgomery-Author/239451952913332?fref=ts
Author on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/M.E.-Montgomery/e/B00PM2B8UW


Interview With M.E. Montgomery:

1. Can you tell us a little about your books?
North Star was released last Oct, followed by its sequel True North in Nov.  They are the story of Alex North -- who has been entrusted with the guardianship of his 5-year old nephew after the death of Alex’s twin sister and her husband -- and Kayla Matthews, who flees a broken relationship to begin a new life in a new town.  Together, they heal each other’s grief and sadness, but someone seeks to keep them apart, and will stop at nothing in that quest.

2. What inspires you to write?
My answer may surprise you.  I didn’t grow up wanting to write a book, but I have always loved to read, with romance being one of my favorite genres.  When an idea for a story began to form in my mind, it was my family and friends that encouraged me to try.  It became a personal challenge.  To my surprise, two books emerged.  Watching the pride on my children’s faces knowing their mom was writing a ‘real’ book was and is a continuing inspiration.  I loved that I can model for my four children that it’s never too late to find a new dream and embark on a new adventure.  My six and nine year olds even started to write their own stories!  And now it’s my readers who inspire me with their messages to tell me how they loved how ‘real’ the characters and their story seem, and have asked for more novels like them.

3. Do you have a favorite spot to write?
I switch between a comfy chair in my bedroom near the window or one in my living room while my children are in school, but always somewhere I can put my feet up.  However, once I start the editing process, I usually prop up against the pillows in my bed and spread out my printed copy, my kindle doc, and my computer.  It’s the only place I can shut the door and shut out the noise of my four children when they are home!

4. Do you have any “odd” writing habits?
Hmm.  I’m not sure it’s odd, as I know other authors who do the same thing, but when I’m stumped as to how to make a scene come together or where the story is going to go, I take a shower or go for a drive.  For some reason, ideas formulate in my head when I do. The downside --, I can’t write it down and then I have to try to remember it for later, LOL!!  I also don’t write every scene in order.

5. Do you listen to music while you write?
I think I’m one of the few authors I know who absolutely cannot write with music playing.  I end up singing along or focusing on the song and not on my own work.  However, I always have the TV on in the background.  I can glance up once in awhile if I need a break, or I can completely tune it out and it just becomes ‘white noise.’    Nor can I write in complete silence; I find I hear every single little sound and am easily distracted by them.

6. Do you have a favorite character to write about?
I strive to write characters that you might actually find in your own community and desire to have as your own friend.  I like strong, alpha men who are still romantic.  I like to show that ‘good guys’ don’t always finish last.  I also like heroines who don’t jump to impulsive judgments, but rather are willing to listen and fight for their man.  I’ve had several readers comment that they’re so glad I didn’t let a misunderstanding be drawn out.

7.  What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
I am totally obsessed with Outlander!  I’m currently reading the 4th book in the series.  I even called my cable company to subscribe to Starz so I can watch the series as often as I want.  I’ve got my husband hooked on it, although I believe we enjoy different elements of the story!  ;)

8.  Are you attending any author signing event this year?
I will be attending my first signing at Sexy and Sassy Signing in Greenville, NC this October, and have a few more scheduled for next year.

9. What are writing projects are you currently working on?
I am currently working on the 3rd book in the Polaris Series, based on 2 secondary characters who played strong supportive roles in the first 2 books.  I haven’t decided on a title yet; I have several possibilities in mind, but none have really ‘jumped out’ at me.  I hope to release it late summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment