Sunday, May 31, 2015

Featured Author: Sarah Ann Walker

Welcome Today's Featured Author
 Sarah Ann Walker!!!


I Am Her... (I Am Her... #1)

by
A sometimes funny, tragically graphic, compelling tale of a woman suffering...

***WARNING- GRAPHIC CONTENT and THEMES ***

She has no name of her own. She is every name everyone has ever called her. She is nameless. She has a good job, a beautiful home and a wonderful husband. She is everything she was supposed to be. She has structure and stability, but she is lost.

She is trying. Her whole life is spent trying; yet her whole life has been nothing but an apology. She is so tired of trying and failing.

In just one week, she learns her entire life is a series of brutalities. She learns intense, consuming passion for the first time with a beautiful stranger. She learns love within this passion, and she learns heartbreak while without.

Slowly her breakdown overcomes her. She tries to rise above her circumstances, but when she has nothing left to fight with; she tries to ease the pain forever.

Desperately, she fights her way through the agony of life, and she returns with a gentle hope. She wants to live, and she wants to love, for the first time in her life. Now, she has a name. Now, she can be 'her'... Any HER that she wants to be.






This is me... (I Am Her... #2)


by
** WARNING- GRAPHIC CONTENT and THEMES **

The tragic conclusion to 'I am HER...'

Finally...
She has a name. She has a past and she has a history.
She knows who she is. And she knows who she wanted to be.
She knows the way to all she ever wanted, but she knows she can't change the past that destroyed her.

"I swear I'm here, but I'm not. I swear I can feel, but I don't.
I swear I hear people, but I'm all alone.
Where am I? What have I done?"

If everything you knew was nothing you know, how do you begin to live again?
When beautiful dreams surround you but darkness consumes you, how do you begin to live anew?

"After I exhale, I turn to my empty room once again.
In the silence that follows my tears, I am washed in clarity.
I am NOT her. THIS is me..."









My Dear Stranger

by
"Last night my dear stranger came to me..."

Sadie Adams spent years hiding a secret in her journal. A beautiful secret wrapped in a dear stranger who came to her in the night. A stranger who came to her filled with love, passion, and devotion. And her only release from her secret days and her lonely nights came from her journal; a journal that kept her company as life slowly passed her by while she anxiously waited for his return.

"How do you live, when you've spend your life waiting alone?"

Waiting, the darkness and pain grew until within the grip of loneliness and death, she finally found a light to hold onto.
Brighter and kinder than anyone she had ever known, Sadie finally chose to live in a world of light...
Even as a Darkness was born to destroy her.









  LOST 
by Sarah Ann Walker
My name is Sophie Morley, and this is my story of loss.

I used to be mature, professional, and stable. I used to have friends and colleagues who respected me. I used to be someone I respected. I knew the life I wanted, and I lived within my forever plans. I was everything I thought I should be.

Then I met the man of my dreams, and everything changed in me.
Everything I was and everything I was to become changed with his love.
And I've never regretted one single moment of the life we shared.

My name is Sophie Morley,
and I am lost.








Author Bio:

 I'm a Scottish Canadian living in Canada with my American husband and our son.  I presently work full time, mommy every other minute until 9:00pm, wife for a bit (when I have to :p), then I write until I simply pass out.  I average 5 hours sleep a night, yet I always seem to have the energy to continue.  
Oh!  And I've just finished writing my 5th book


 Interview with Sarah Ann Walker:

1) Can you tell us a little about your books?
 My books are typically dark, heavy reads, with a deeper psychological element.  My stories have been labelled 'Mind Fucks' by a few groups, or stories that give the reader 'the Feels'.  I'm not known for hearts and flowers, though the endings do hold a kind of closure.

2) Do you have a favorite character to write about?
Typically, I write about women with issues.  Whether they start out strong and end up weakened, or they begin weak, I enjoy walking through the minds of emotionally challenged, often broken women.

3)  What has been your favorite book to write?
I am HER... was my favorite because it was my first.  But LOST was the closest story to my own heart.

4) Do you prefer to write standalones or series?
 My first book was a standalone until 8 months after its completion, then I wrote the unintentional sequel.  But my 3 subsequent books have all been standalones.

5) Do you have any odd writing habits?
I drink ALOT of coffee when I write.  Like, if I could get my coffee intravenously, I would.

6) Do you have a favorite spot to write?
Yes!  Strangely I have to write on an outdoor patio furniture loveseat.  Even in the dead of winter, freezing my ass off in -20 weather, I still have to write outside on one specific loveseat, prompting my neighbors to think I'm mental.

7) Do you listen to music while you write?
I don't listen to music when I write but music DOES play a huge part in my writing.  Typically, as I write a scene a song enters my head until the music gives me the feel I need.  Songs that are my favorites, or that I have internalized over the years, always end up making it into my books.

8) What's one random fact about yourself that you can share?
 I absolutely adore my son, I must wear high heels, I crave dark chocolate with sea salt always, and I drink way too much coffee.

9) Are you attending any author signing event this year?
 I was invited to attend The Lovely Ladies and Naughty Books-  Bash at the Beach on June 6, 2015, and I'm so excited.  This will be my fist American Authors Event, and I can't wait!

10) What writing projects are you currently working on?
 I just completed my 5th book. 'Choices...' to be released in July 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment